We are happy to share some excellent scores by Tim Atkin published in his latest report about Rioja: “2023 Rioja Special Report”
- Contino Viña del Olivo 2019: 95 points
- Contino Reserva 2019: 93 points
- Contino Gran Reserva 2017: 93 points
- Contino Garnacha 2020: 93 points
- Contino Graciano 2019: 92 points
- Contino Mazuelo Don Vicente 2019: 92 points
- Contino Blanco 2020: 91 points
- Contino Rosado 2020: 91 points
Contino Viña del Olivo 2019 – 95 points
Made with a selection of grapes within the six-hectare Viña del Olivo, this is an excellent expression of a unique terroir. Tempranillo based with 23% Graciano and 10% Mazuelo, this is a rich, firm, dense, compact red that will age very well in bottle. 2025-35.
Contino Reserva 2019: 93 points
Contino’s impressive Reserva is a stylish blend of Tempranillo with 6% each of Mazuelo and Graciano and 2% of Garnacha. Aged in French and 10% American oak, it has top notes of thyme and rosemary, lots of mulberry, fig and bramble fruit and appealing supporting acidity. 2023-31.
Contino Gran Reserva 2017: 93 points
Contino’s warmer site escaped the frosts that devastated large sections of the Rioja Alavesa in 2017, so this is one of the better expressions of the year. Tempranillo based with 19% Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha, this is rich, structured and concentrated with clove and rosemary top notes, good oak integration and the structure to age. 2024-35.